Monday, March 12, 2012

Reboot!

It has been quite an adjustment shifting back to teaching in the public school environment. There is a different student mindset when a student has to be there as opposed to a student who is paying to be there. And I've determined that I'm better suited to teaching high school than I was to teaching junior high.

One disturbing thing I've learned about myself is that I prefer PreAP classes. This may seem like a no brainer but I consider myself a "save the disenfranchised" sort of teacher. I want the students that the other teachers can't stand. But it turns out that I'm a pushover and I'm having a hard time standing them myself.

 I'm developing a newfound interest in lesson design for student engagement. I'm toying around with the idea of trying education gamification. I'll keep you posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment